Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day #20 A song that Alfred Listens to when He is Angry

  I listened to allot of metal and hardcore music in my teen years. It still resonates with me as I approach the later years of my thirties. It's funny to recall songs like the one below as one of the albums that was played at house parties with other metal heads and dirtbags storners that I knew in High school. To look back at those years and to reflect of how much angst and energy we all had in the 90's, is kinda funny now.

  Every now and again I'll bump into the people from my High School years that listen to the same music as I did. Being much older and starting our work lives in professional settings and to hear how some in more higher profile jobs then what was expected. Especially if it was the same people who way back in the day had everybody smoke out his/her homemade bong they fashioned from common household items, and talked about  never selling out, only to find out that they are now working in the Senate or being a entertainment Lawyer.

So with, Deftones from their 1995 album, Adrenaline, "7 Words". I'll play this and I'm instantly transported back to my formidable teen years and I'll do a little head bang and play some kick ass air guitar and laugh of how angry I used to be.

Now if I get angry i just violently drink an obscene amount of whiskey and usually say along the lines of ...."ehhh fuck It".


No comments:

Post a Comment